I wear mud boots & dancing shoes. I love to dance and I love to wear mud boots as I help Grandma with her sheep, chickens, and hang out around the pond catching frogs. ~

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lavender Festival 2011

This is me demonstrating the drop spindle at the Lavender Festival.
The drop spindle is another way of spinning wool. I am in front of a pen of my grandma's Jacob Sheep.
This is my grandma spinning her Jacob sheep wool.
This is the alpaca Joseph who belongs to the people in the booth next to ours.
We are eating lavender ice cream. This is delicious.It tastes better than last year's ice cream, which had too much lavender in it and tasted like perfume.
This is me and my cousin in my grandmas' booth.This is me , my sisters,and my cousins in the lavender field.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Chickie, These are fun pictures of the Lavender Festival. It looks like your Grandma's sheep are getting a lot of attention. I have never tasted lavender ice cream but I do have a large lavender plant in our garden. Hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chickie you are a very good writer you keep your readers interested. Perfume ice cream sounds gross to me. I live on a farm with beef cattle in Canada. :) B

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, Chickie.